Hello St. Thomas’
New Sermon Series: Biblical Social Justice.
The events of this past spring and summer have raised many interesting questions about social justice. What is "social justice?" Does the Bible have anything to say about it? What responsibilities does a Christian (and the Church) have regarding justice?
For the next five weeks, we will be answering these questions. Please join us to learn about a dimension of God's Kingdom work that may be new to you!
- January 10th — The Rev. Hamilton Smith, What is Biblical Social Justice?
Zechariah 7:9-10, Deut. 4:6-8, Matt. 25:31-46.
- January 17th — Kenneth Padgett, Defending the Poor.
Deuteronomy 15:4-11, James 2:14-17, Luke 12:22-34
- January 24th — The Rev. Dr. Rob Sturdy, Defending the Immigrant.
Deuteronomy 10:12-22, Isaiah 58:6-7.
- January 31st — Ben Jackson, Defending Widows and Orphans.
- February 7th — The Rev. Elijah Smalls of Greater Goodwill AME, In Summary: Love Your Neighbor