THE DISCIPLE'S CALLING FALL SERMON SERIES —
LIFE GROUP STUDY 1
Scripture | Matthew 9:35-38
- In your own words, why do you think Jesus called the disciples? What “job” were they do to?
- Read VS. 35. What was Jesus said to be doing? Why do you think He was doing those things (HINT: Read Matt. 4:12-17/ Mark 1:14-16).
- What do you think “the Gospel of the Kingdom” means?
- Read verse 36. How does Jesus feel about those he sees? What do you think that means?
- Why does he feel that way?
- Read vs. 37. What does Jesus say here? Who does he say it to? What do you think He means?
- Read vs. 38. What does He command His disciples to do? Why do you think he commands them to do that?
- How is the Holy Spirit applying this reading to you?
- According to this Scripture, what do you think we as disciples should be doing?
- Is verse 37’s description of “the crowds” still valid for people today? How? Why?
- How are we to feel about those we in “the crowds”?
- Is the “harvest” still “plentiful”? Why or why not?
- Are the “laborers” still “few”? Why or why not?
- What is the Holy Spirit calling you to do about that?