THE DISCIPLE'S CALLING FALL SERMON SERIES —
LIFE GROUP STUDY 2
Scripture | Matthew 10:1-10
- Start with verse 2-4. Look very closely at the disciples’ names and titles. What does this say about the diversity of this group? Why do you think this group of people can become so close?
- Read verse 5-6. What did Jesus do here? What instructions did he give them? Why do you think he put the restrictions on them in verse 6?
- We now turn to the substance of the Disciples’ mission. Read Verses 1 and 8a. What does Jesus give his twelve disciples authority to do? What do you think that means? How is this similar to Jesus’s own mission?
- Read verse 7. What else were the Disciples to do when they went out? What do you think that means?
- Read verse 8b-10. What do you think these instructions mean? Why is Jesus telling the disciples these things?
- How is the Holy Spirit applying this scripture to you? What are disciples called to do? What promises does Jesus make here?