THE DISCIPLE'S CALLING — LIFE GROUP STUDY 6
Context | Matthew 10:25-33
I’ve included vs. 25 here because it is part of this next section. This reading is split into two parts:
- Part One: Vs. 25-27: Do not fear those who malign you.
- Part Two: vs. 28-31: Do not fear those who can kill your body only.
This study will be focusing on Part One, but it is important to see how the two parts fit together to understand the fullness of what Jesus is saying here.
- Take three minutes and think about a time you were afraid to share your faith with another. Ask yourself the following questions: Why do you think you were afraid? What were you afraid of? What were you afraid might happen if you shared the Gospel with this person? Please share your story with the group.
- Read verses 25-26a. What does Jesus tell his disciples in vs. 26a? Why do you think the disciples were afraid of these people? In their fear, who were the disciples primarily concerned about?
- What do you think would happen to those who don’t know Jesus’s love if the disciples were to scared to share the Gospel?
- Vs. 26b-27. What truths does he tell them that would encourage them to not be afraid?
- Think about your own life as an Ambassador. How does this scripture challenge you? Encourage you?
- Think about one person you want to share the Gospel with but are afraid to. Why do you think that is? How does this passage help you?
End the night by praying for each other’s fears about sharing the Gospel.