Continuing our walk through the days between Jesus’ resurrection and his ascension into heaven; The Ascension.
Scripture | John 21:15-19
- What did the disciples imagine Jesus was going to do based on their question in v.6?
- Read Luke 24:50-53 (compare with v.9). How did the disciples respond to Jesus’ ascension into heaven?
- What major event in salvation history is spoken of in v.8? Why is this good news when it happens?
- How are the ascension and Pentecost connected? See John 16:4-8.
- What impact did the ascension have on the ministry of Jesus (think: location)?
- What roles does Jesus play in heaven for our good right now?
- How does the statement of the angels in v.11 describe the return of Jesus? How is this good news to us?
- Why is the ascension of Jesus good news to us today in its totality (think: past, present, future)?
- How does the ascension of Jesus inform our ministry to others? How does it encourage us to share the Gospel? See Acts 1:8.