THE TEN COMMANDMENTS — LIFE GROUP STUDY 1
Scripture | Exodus 20:17 + Matthew 22:34-40
Theme: Do not covet.
- In your own words, why do you think God gave us the Ten Commandments? Who are they for? What's their purpose?
- Read Matthew 22.:34-40. Why do you think Jesus summarized the Ten Commandments in this way? How do you think Jesus would define "love" as he uses it?
- Which one do you think is easier to accomplish: keeping Ten Commandments or loving God and Neighbor. Why or why not?
- Read Exodus 20:17. Define "covet" in your own words (only resort to Google after you've exhausted your own thoughts!). What are some examples of coveting?
- First, Context: How might this last commandment summarize the previous 9?
- What are you coveting? Why?
- As uncomfortable as answering question 6 was, why might it be good for us to realize our covetousness?
- How is the Gospel good news given our covetousness? How might God's love make us covet less?