The Lame Beggar Healed
At this point in the story, Jesus has ascended into heaven, the Holy Spirit has been given to empower believers for mission, and the Church has been formed. Now it's time for action!
Here we have the first story of the Church going out to share the good news of Jesus in word and deed.
Scripture | Acts 3:1-19
- Read verses 1-8. Who were "Peter" and "John"? What did they do? Where did they do it?
- Why do you think Jesus and His church care about curing illnesses? (Hint: What is the original cause of all illness?)
- What do Peter and John say to the lame man? Why do you think they said those words instead of just healing him?
- Read verses 9-11. How did the people who witnessed the healing respond? Why do you think they responded in this way?
- Read verse 12-16. Why do you think Peter spoke to the crowds? What did he say to them? Why do you think he responded with those words to them?
- Read vs. 17-19. What does Peter say here? Why do you think he says it? What connection does this invitation have with the lame man's healing?
- What does this story have to say to us about our calling to the "lame"? Does this only mean supernatural healings?
- What should our motivation be to heal them?
- What should our response be to the world's curiosity and compliments when we do help to heal the "lame"?
- How do you see living this story out where you live, work, play, and learn?